About Me

My photo
Read the blog! This blog is about me, my experiences, and my journey toward change.

Monday, August 2, 2010

nom nom nom

Today’s hmmmm…moment is brought to you by my gene pool. Mom, why didn’t you pick a baby’s dad with skinny jeans?

For the past 3 weeks I have gone back to my Hip Hop Abs with the sexiest gay man alive, Shaun T. I am determined to fight my gene pool! I will admit that I am by no means fat. I tell people all the time “I’m huge”. My favorite line to use about myself is “this fat girls gotta eat”. But as much as I know I’m not fat, I know I’m not thin either. So I have decided to do this. I’m going to get to a point where I am happy with me! I think that is what is missing from most people’s weight loss programs. Their goal is to look good for someone else or for a job. The best motivation is ourselves. A very intelligent person told me once that no one can love you until you love yourself! If you know me, you know I love me! That is why it is important that I look good for me. It is normal for people to enjoy compliments but the greatest compliment I can get is walking by a mirror and having to take a second look because I look that good! So I will continue with my exercise program because I physically feel as strong as I was in high school and college (back when I was an athlete).

One thing that I am going to do different this week is begin a strict diet. I don’t eat horribly. I don’t like salty foods. I don’t eat much red meat and I don’t really like pork. I will have a difficult time with the sweets. I love sweet tea, soda, cake, candy and anything milk chocolate! I am going to do my best with this diet and hopefully I don’t have any headache issues because I tend to run to the cherry coke when I get headaches. Don’t judge me. It helps my headaches! Anyway here’s the menu I have created for today. I wanted to share this to hopefully motivate a healthy lifestyle for you and track if this actually works for me!
Day 1
Breakfast: eggs with sliced peppers and onions, toast
Snack: pear
Lunch: turkey sandwich on wheat with fresh veggies (no dressing)
Snack: special K bar
Dinner: large mixed greens salad with veggies, boiled egg white and tuna
Dessert: fresh fruit with yogurt

Let’s see how this goes! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. well good luck an i agree about people loving themselves while dieting or just tryin to firm up. i plan on walking more that's my only plan for now:O)

    ReplyDelete