About Me

My photo
Read the blog! This blog is about me, my experiences, and my journey toward change.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Dear God, Why am I here?

I must admit. I’m a twitterer (I don’t think that is a word…yet). I tweet a lot. I tweet funny things. I tweet what I see. I tweet what I feel. I make people laugh. I make people think. And the people I follow do the same for me. I know most of the people I follow and the others are people I admire or are interesting to me. Most of the people I follow are on the round table of the Chelsea Lately show (LOVE IT). The rest of the people I don’t know are related to THE Ohio State University in some way. I follow Bob Baptist, beat writer for the OSU men’s basketball team. My favorite of the buckeyes I follow is Evan Turner. His tweets are like mine; they make you laugh or make you think. I must admit that some of his tweets make me wonder what’s REALLY going on in that brain of his. He can be sort of odd sometimes but I love it either way.

Anywho, Evan tweeted a quote yesterday that got the wheels turning in my head.

“There's a reason why everybody is born. The journey in life is to find that reason. -R. McCammon”

Hmmm…that’s deep. Think about it. Every day we wake up to complete tasks that lead us toward the discovery of WHY we are here on this Earth, in the place that we are, with the people that we have and the things we posses. A lot of times people get wrapped up in what we are not here to do, the places we are not, and the people/things we don’t have. Either way we lose time worrying about what may or may not happen. And even if you have the reason all figured out, the journey may not be what you expected. Maybe you have more than one reason to be here. There are so many things to consider.

I have no clue why I was born. I like that I was born! I love me! I’m awesome! But what is my reason, my purpose on this Earth? I would assume it’s to do something to help people, because that’s what I like to do. Am I the person who helps with finding a cure for something? Will I invent something that will help people? I will be honest. Although I don’t think about it much, I do wonder my exact purpose. Since Christian was born, I spend more time wondering what his destiny will be and what I can do to get him there. I struggle with thinking about the future and living the now. And I would suspect that most people have the same struggle. Either way the point of this blog today was to share this quote with you all and get your wheels turning about your purpose. But most of all I want to encourage you to enjoy the journey and I will try to do the same!

(By the way: Evan Turner will be #12 for the Philadelphia 76ers and his jerseys are available! So if you get one, I'm a Medium or large!)

2 comments: