About Me

My photo
Read the blog! This blog is about me, my experiences, and my journey toward change.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Love yourself! Respect your community.

I really have nothing new to blog about today so I had to go back into the archives of my brain and think of something that makes me go hmmmm... It instantly came to me. Why do people feel the need to carry guns. I've known too many people to die because of gun violence. And over stupid things; girls, money, a color. I will say this: there isn't a single man that is not my family that I'm gonna kill someone over. Unless that girl is peeing pure gold, she's not worth it. Material things can be replaced but a life cannot. You can get another car, you can get more shoes, and if you work hard you can earn more money. But I can't get my cousin back or any of my friends. There is no argument that I can think of besides hunting that would allow me to believe anyone needs a gun. Compare the number of times that a gun saved someones life verses the number of times that a gun took a life unnecessarily. Call me crazy but I don't want to be responsible for taking any ones life. I don't know what I would do if I killed someone and had to hold onto that forever. I have total respect for the police departments. My brother is a cop. I understand what they are responsible for and respect their duties. I also know that my son will never go into that field of work because everyday my brother was on duty I was terrified of who was going to call me to tell me something bad happened.
Before I babble on for years about this, I will just end by saying two things. If no one has guns, no one will need to protect themselves against gun violence. And you should love yourself enough to know that you deserve better than death or jail.

1 comment:

  1. I love the 'peeing pure gold' line lmfao! I totally agree with you...it's so senseless and too many young people are dying. Smh

    ReplyDelete