About Me

My photo
Read the blog! This blog is about me, my experiences, and my journey toward change.

Friday, July 30, 2010

You are either in or you are out! LIGHT BULB!

This hmmmm… moment is brought to you by Despicable Me and Project Runway. You may be wondering what they have in common. “LIGHT BULB!!!” That’s from Despicable Me. I just saw the movie last night and I must say it was great! It really has nothing to do with Project Runway or this blog. I just like it.

Now back to the blog. On last night’s season premiere of Project Runway, Tim Gunn revealed his new catch phrase, “Give it up”. I love it! I laughed for hours about it and will probably say it at least once a day to random people. OK, maybe the people won’t be so random but I’m sure I will say it, right after I tell them they “suck at life” (Mom, I promise I won’t say it out-loud to anyone in your house…no matter how much I think it!). So the reason that this stuck in my mind was the statement that one of the designers made when she was given the boot (so sad because I saw the potential in her dress). She said that she was proud of herself for going after her dream and that if people gave up after they failed at something the world would be full of lots of failures. I was going to throw in something here about the BP oil spill but I figured that’s not a good example because they have been failing for what seems to be a lifetime . I can’t seem to think of any other success stories; Jesse Jackson will never be president. Let’s face it. Americans can be stupid but we aren’t that dumb. I will never be GBFF with Ross Matthews and Northwestern will never win a Big Ten (or however many teams there are now) Title in an important sport.


Anyway, let’s get to the point. Stop giving up after you fail. The smell of failure stinks and I have a sensitive nose. Just keep swimming (NEMO!!) and you will reach the shore. Oh and one more thing…
IT’S SO FLUFFY!!! I had to throw that in there. Go see the movie right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment