About Me

My photo
Read the blog! This blog is about me, my experiences, and my journey toward change.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why am I the way I am?

Do you ever wonder why people walk the way they walk? Or why they talk the way they talk? Why does something that breaks one person's heart, roll off another like a rain drop on an umbrella (ella ella hey hey!)? Psychology tells us its all about our personality and temperament. My temperament tells me to kick ass now and take names later (I've been like that as long as I can remember). That's just who I am. I am hot-headed and loud and I speak whatever is on my mind (unless my "rock" talks some sense into me first). But the same way I am a hard-ass, is how soft my heart is for the people I love.

I walk with a bit of a limp sometimes because I have the beginnings of arthritis in my right knee from past ligament and meniscus injuries. I played basketball, year-round, for 7 years and I played tennis in high school and college. I love sports, which is the reason I am an athletic trainer...and the reason for most of my aches and pains.

People in Illinois tell me I have a country accent because I'm from Ohio. I don't hear it at all. When I go home to visit in Ohio, they tell me I sound like I'm Chicago because I put emphasis on the "A" in Chicago. Either way, I think that I sound like me! Usually I'm yelling so I just sound loud.

The one thing I don't understand is why the water doesn't roll off of my umbrella (ella ella) (I had to do it). I guess its because I practice the Madea philosophy: "when you gettin got and someones done got you and you go get them, when you gettin them everybodys gon' get got". Its something that I am working to get rid of. I take a lot of things out on people who don't deserve it and I'm working on that too but I don't regret my actions toward those who "got" me. I "get them get them get them" because they "got me got me got me". That is something that will probably never change. My mom tells me often (and by often I mean everyday) that I need to forgive people. I think that people shouldn't do dumb stuff to anger me. Who's right? The world may never know.

Think about it. Why do you walk, talk and feel the way you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment