About Me

My photo
Read the blog! This blog is about me, my experiences, and my journey toward change.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome to DeKalb!

No hmmm…moment but I had a wonderful day yesterday that I would like to share. It started out good until my mom made my take pictures before I left the house. I’m pretty sure of the 36 PT students, I was the only one who had a morning photo shoot. The drive was fine; exactly 46 minutes. The first things I did unexpectedly cost me $200. I had to get my parking pass which was $75 and not $100! But then I went to pick up my books, where I was told would be paid for by financial aid. Apparently they only let you use $700 of the financial aid so I had to pay $125 for the rest of the books…not cool! And as you could imagine, twelve college textbook can be heavy, especially walking 3 blocks with them! My arms are still sore!


The reason we had to go to campus yesterday was to orient ourselves with the campus and the lab facilities, hence the name “orientation”. Everything and everyone is really nice. Dr. Nuzzo remembered me from all my questions I had for her in 2008. I thought it was great that all the professors knew my name and then I realized…I’m the only black girl so they probably put a and b together from my application. I am ok with that! It’s not often that I am THE black girl! Anywho, we went over lots of policies and procedures, bought cadaver lab tools, took a tour and filled out some paper work. The best part of my day what the background check…SERIOUSLY! The guy was hilarious. He kept telling me to smile and say cheese when he was taking my fingerprints. He was telling corny jokes trying to make me laugh, which at that point was much needed with all the mind-numbing information. He also was telling me how it all works which is amazing! There was no ink! It looked like a small copier. Good thing I have no background to check! Actually, that was my first time in a police station. Actually the second but the first was only to pick up the accident report from the car accident I was in years ago when this d-bag used my trunk as a parking lot. UGH! Anyway, yesterday was a great day and makes me even more excited about the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment