About Me

My photo
Read the blog! This blog is about me, my experiences, and my journey toward change.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dear John

Dear John,
I want to start off by saying that you will be missed. I want to tell you that 19 years wasn't long enough but that's just selfish. You are with the Lord and that's a much better place than this Earth. Unfortunately, we don't share many memories; just a couple of conversations about our kids and life. I wish you could have gotten out to see Chicago. You are right! It is a beautiful city. Christian and I were looking forward to showing you what we know about it. He was just telling me that when you and G came here he wanted to take you to see Navy Pier and the Shedd aquarium. Those are his favorite things about Chicago.
Children are so funny! Every time we talked about you, it turned into a conversation about football! It will always be that way. Before I could tell Christian you were gone, he asked if you were coming to see him. He was so excited to think that all of his uncle's were going to come to his football game. I think he was a bit heart broken when I told him you were with God now but we I explained how wonderful a place heaven is, he was OK with it. I could see the relief in his eyes to know that you were with God, free of suffering and pain that we all experience here on Earth. I feel the same way. It warms my heart to know that we will meet one day and that is what I will hold onto.
Love always your big sister,
Joselyn

1 comment: